Friday, January 6, 2012

Bantu Knot Practice

Ah, yes. I was going to bantu knot my hair for NYE. I'll let you know now that's not what happened (my actual hairstyle is a surprise that I'll share with you later), but I did make an honest effort at practicing. I watched Napptural85's video (it's embedded in this post) and I did the same things, except I flat-twisted my hair instead of...well, whatever she does.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


I did the bantu knots on an old twistout. I used Shea Moisture's Hold and Shine Moisture Mist to dampen my hair, and I also used Shea Moisture's Organic Shea Butter to moisturize and stretch my hair out a little. The curls didn't really look like a bantu knot-out the next day...

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
It was an okay look...not for NYE. It wasn't as big and full and fluffy as I'd imagined. It definitely had movement and bounce, which was really nice, but it could have been so much more. So I scrapped that idea. I was really happy with my hair on NYE, and hopefully you all are too ^__^


Koos

No comments:

Post a Comment