Friday, December 2, 2011

A few small things I like about December...


Hooray! It's here! December is, in my opinion, "the most wonderful time of the year." We had an extra special day yesterday, not only welcoming the new month, but welcoming my newest nephew, Henry James, into our family. (You may remember that his big brother, Jack was born two years ago, on December 3rd.) He's a precious sweetheart, and I'll share a picture as soon as I find one where he doesn't look like an old man. ;)

Anyway, December is here, and I am so ready to relax and enjoy it. Here's just a handful of my favorite things about this month...


The visitors playing in the snow. Every year, watching the blood-red cardinals flitting through the bushes in our backyard just gives me a thrill...


Mittens. Gloves may be more stylish, but if, like me, you lose circulation the moment you step out the door, you really want to keep your fingers all cuddled together. That's the only way mine stay cozy on a ski mountain.


All those treats that we'll eat. 'Tis the season for an expanding waistline. Please practice moderation.


Brown paper packages tied up with string. Really, there are loads of creative, easy, and visually stunning ways to wrap your gifts this year. Click here for some more ideas.


Angels in the snow.


Hot chocolate, marshmallows and candy canes. Need I say more?


The anticipation building...

GIVEAWAYS!!!

That's right, there's some super awesome, super fashiony ones coming up here at AmandaBeth. Check back over the next few days for more details... trust me, you won't want to miss these. :)


A free track from one of my favorite bands, The Civil Wars. O Come, O Come Emmanuel is haunting anytime, but they take it to another level entirely. Download your own copy!


The TRUE meaning of Christmas. It's even more of a big deal than Doctor Seuss let on. I'm so thankful for the extra special reminder each year of what Jesus did for me.
______________________________________________________

So, what do you like best about December? Please share your inspirations!

And be sure to check back for the giveaway updates! Love to you all...

-Amanda

P.S. I updated the Modest Fashion Bloggers Network with new links. Take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment