Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bantu Knots for New Year's?


I am SO EXCITED to celebrate New Year's 2012! I bought my dress on the River Island website (it's full leopard print and lurex...BOOM), I bought shoes a few months ago that I haven't worn yet, but I don't have a hairstyle! I thought to myself, "Hmmmm...maybe I'll straighten," but I don't have the time or patience to go through that process. I thought I could just rock a side bun or updo of some kind, but my boyfriend is not a fan of my hair when it's pulled back (he loves when it's out and big, which is why I have such a hard time with protective styling!)

I think I've settled on a bantu knot-out for New Year's! It's so funny to me that I was raised on bantu knots (AKA "chiney bumps") but I rarely ever style my hair with them. Anyway, I'm not sure I've posted this video before, but I think this set came out great. I think I'll flat twist my sections before knotting them. Bless this girl's heart for her twisting tutorial, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to understand how she does it.

Peep the video below--should I go through with it? And feel free to leave comments on how you're doing your hair this New Year's =)



Koos

No comments:

Post a Comment